What are the stages of weight loss? How to maintain weight loss without increasing it? Find out the most important information about it after reading this article.
You may be wondering what are the stages of losing weight? We will answer you about that in this article:
What are the stages of weight loss?
The stages of weight loss are divided into two stages as follows:
1. Rapid weight loss Stage
This stage is represented by a noticeable weight loss so that your clothes become more suitable, and weight is often lost from fluids and stores of carbohydrates and a little fat, and this stage usually represents the first 4 to 6 weeks from the beginning of the diet to lose weight.
Systems are also keto or low – carbohydrate systems to lose weight in the fastest weight-loss systems that depend on reducing fat, but long-term results may resemble each.
There are also a number of factors that control the speed of weight loss, such as:
- Gender: Men are more likely to lose weight than women.
- Age: Older adults lose weight faster.
- Weight: People who are overweight are more likely to lose weight.
2. Slow weight loss
Weight begins to stabilize or does not drop quickly after about 6 weeks and this is due to one of the following:
- The body gets used to the amount of food you eat, which helps to slow down the metabolism and thus lose weight.
- Difficulty sticking to the diet to lose weight, which helps prevent you from losing weight easily due to lack of commitment.
Read also: How to Safely Weight Loss 10kg in a Week
In any of the above cases, you have to make changes in the diet that you follow in order to get better results.
How can weight loss be increased?
The increase in weight loss depends on the stages of weight loss, as follows:
1. Increased weight loss depending on the first stage
There are a number of steps that you can take to increase weight loss during this stage of weight loss, such as:
- Set realistic goals, as losing too much weight in a short time is unhealthy.
- Start meals with foods that help increase satiety, such as soup, and soft proteins, such as chicken breasts, vegetables, and foods rich in omega-3s such as salmon.
- Moderation in exercise.
2. Increased weight loss depending on the second stage
There are a number of steps that may help speed up weight loss during this phase, such as:
- Doing intense sports, such as cardio exercises.
- Focus on eating proteins, as they may help increase the hormone that reduces appetite, and fiber, which helps increase the feeling of satiety.
- Stay away from drinking alcohol.
- Relying on the scale reading is wrong, as it does not provide you with muscle mass or fluid mass in your body.
Read also: 6 Best Weight Loss Exercises For Women
How can maintain weight loss?
After we finish talking about the stages of weight loss, we will move on to talking about ways to maintain weight loss, such as:
- Support groups: Groups may help support the person to continue and maintain weight loss.
- Sports: strenuous exercise is not required, like walking, going down or going up stairs can suffice.
- Managing stress and anger: Many people resort to food when feeling stressed and angry, so you must find other ways to release anger besides food to maintain weight loss.
- Setting goals: You should set goals for weight loss in order to encourage you to maintain it, for example, you lost weight to ride a bike or see your grandchildren grow.