Today we explain How to use Face Serum correctly? and its importance for the face. We all dream of having fresh, vibrant, and healthy skin. Many women resort to using various creams and serums to enhance the freshness of the skin.
For skincare, you must follow these steps:
- use face wash,
- use toner,
- use of serum,
- use moisturizing,
- medicated cream, if available,
- Eye cream sunscreen in the morning,
- Make-up remover when you come home.
The use of serum is beneficial for the skin, as it helps to improve the skin and restore its freshness. This is because the different types of serums consist of high-quality ingredients and vitamins that are beneficial for the skin.
How to use Face Serum correctly?
You must follow the steps below to use the serum properly and get the most out of it.
Step 1: Clean the skin
Before using the serum, clean your skin with the appropriate cleanser for its type. Peeling can also be used once a week. This helps prepare the skin and remove any oil or deposits that may hinder the penetration of the serum into the skin.
Step 2: Use toner, water, or rose water
The rule of thumb in skincare is to apply products based on their viscosity, starting with the thickest and then the least.
After cleansing the skin, apply a small amount of alcohol-free facial toner to a cotton ball or mist with a mist. Then gently apply it to the face and neck.
Step 3: Use a face serum
After completing the previous two steps, you can use the serum. It is important to read the instructions for the serum, as the amount may vary depending on the type of serum.
If you have a dropper, you can use 3-4 drops of the serum.
It must be used correctly, its excessive use causes skin irritation and poor skin absorption of the serum.
You can apply the serum in two different ways:
- The first method is to use fingertips:
- Use your fingertips to gently apply the serum to your face and neck, then gently tap and wipe off the serum.
- But avoid pulling and rubbing the skin too hard, leave the product to absorb into the skin automatically.
- The second method: is to use the palms of the hands:
- Put 3-4 drops of the serum in the palm of your hand. Gently rub your hands together to warm and activate the serum.
- Gently tap your skin using the palms of your hands and pat the serum in outward and upward motions until it is completely applied to your face and neck.
Step 4: Wait 5 minutes
After applying the serum, wait 5 minutes until the product is completely absorbed. If the serum leaves a sticky or oily residue, it is most likely not doing its job effectively.
Step 5: Moisturizing
Sometimes serums contain moisturizing ingredients, but that doesn’t mean you should stop using your daily moisturizer. After you wait 5 minutes for the serum to fully absorb, apply the moisturizer to your face and neck.
Moisturizer is the last step and the final touch that helps lock in the serum and lock in the nutrients.
Some additional tips that you should pay attention to before using the serum
Tips 1: Allergy test
The effectiveness of the serum appears due to the highly concentrated ingredients in it. If you have sensitive skin or this is your first time using a serum, be sure to do an allergy test before using it.
Sometimes the serum leaves the face naturally a little pink, but it will subside after about 10-15 minutes. If you have an allergic reaction, your skin will itch with a red rash.
Tip 2: keep the serum
In order to get the most out of your serum, store it in a cool, dry place.
Tips 3: Sleep on satin pillows
Satin pads are ideal for face serums, for two reasons:
- First, it reduces the appearance of wrinkles and acne because it eliminates the cushion wrinkles in your skin.
- Second, it allows the serum to stay in place all night, unlike cotton pillowcases, which can absorb it.
Tips 4: Avoid perfume and color
Added colors and fragrances do no good when it comes to face serums. In fact, some can hinder the absorption of the serum. Therefore, choose a serum that does not contain additives that are useless.
Despite the importance of the routine to promote the freshness and health of the skin, but not using the routine in the wrong way can cause your skin to suffer from many problems and may cause the appearance of acne and pimples.