Yoga is a type of ancient spiritual sport or practices that link the mind and body together, and yoga can be traced back to ancient Indian philosophy, and it has different types that combine different positions of the body, relaxation or meditation, in addition to the use of different methods of breathing, while the appropriate type of yoga It depends on the degree of fitness of the body and the desired result of practicing it.
The most common type of yoga in Western culture is hatha yoga, and it can be said that yoga is a physical sport that depends on the positions of the body. To enhance the individual’s control over his mind yoga has six main branches, which are Bhakti Yoga, Karma Yoga, Jnana Yoga, Raja Yoga, and Hatha Yoga.
Yoga is one of the physical fitness exercises that enjoy wide popularity especially in the United States of America, and it is a means of enlightenment in the Hindu, Jainism, Buddhist, and Sikh religions, and it has had a great impact on the spiritual practices of various other religions around the world.
- Also read:
Yoga is one of the physical fitness exercises that enjoy wide popularity especially in the United States of America, and it is a means of enlightenment in the Hindu, Jainism, Buddhist, and Sikh religions, and it has had a great impact on the spiritual practices of various other religions around the world. The word yoga is derived from the Sanskrit word Yuj which means joining together. Health, such as: relieving lower back pain, promoting balance, and increasing body flexibility, but care must be taken while practicing yoga; Repetitive pressure on the neck, shoulders, legs, knees, and spine may cause injuries to the body.
How to do Yoga at Home
To practice yoga, follow these steps:
- Lie on your back and relax completely, taking into account deep breathing, clearing your mind of all thoughts.
- Raise the right leg and extend it and keep it raised in the air, then raise the left leg after that in the same way, and keep it raised in the air for the maximum possible period.
- Raise the legs in the air with the head raised slightly for as long as possible, relax, and continue to breathe deeply from the abdomen.
- Raise the legs to the top while lying on the back and support the back with the hands, while trying to stay for a minute with complete relaxation.
- Lie on the back again, then turn the pelvis to the right side as far as possible, and stay in this position as long as possible, taking into account turning the head to the left and relaxing, then turning the pelvis to the left side and the head to the right side, and relaxing for the maximum possible time.
- Lie on the stomach and place the hands below the body, then raise the legs slightly up, then put the legs back on the ground, then extend the right leg alone and keep it raised, then lower it and raise the left leg, taking into account breathing deeply, taking inhalations and exhaling from the nose and exhaling and relaxing from the stomach, And stay in this position as long as possible.
- Continue to lie on the stomach and place the hands in line with the body on the ground, then raise the legs in the air and bring them towards the head as far as possible, then raise the upper part of the body until it takes the form of an arc, and continue to breathe deeply, while relaxing and trying to stay in this position as far as possible period.
- After the previous step, return the head and feet to their position, put the hands aside, and relax.
- Sitting with the back straight and the abdomen relaxed to the maximum. Sit cross-legged in this position, then join hands, contemplate and meditate.
- Lie on the back and rest the muscles, and you must first tighten the muscles of the legs and feet, then relax them, then tighten the muscles of the arms and hands, then relax them, then tighten the muscles of the face, then relax them, and finally, the entire body muscles should be tightened and relaxed, then the legs must be moved slightly and relaxed after that for a few minutes, and then Get up and complete the day naturally.
Practicing yoga, in general, can be somewhat difficult, and here are some tips to start practicing it:
- Finding a comfortable and suitable place to practice yoga: It is preferable that the place be a quiet and somewhat empty room; To avoid the risk of colliding with pieces of furniture, it is preferable to have a special wall to stand on, and one can create a nice atmosphere by lighting some candles in the room.
- Provide the necessary accessories for practicing yoga: All one needs to practice yoga is a mat for it. To ensure non-slip, and it is preferable to have good quality in order to last long and be comfortable to suit the necessary needs, and if there is no special mat, it can be replaced by practicing yoga on blankets or pillows.
- Avoid injuries as much as possible: a person should protect his body and know the sensitive areas of the body which are the knees, neck, hips, and spine. If he feels pain in these areas or any other areas, he should stop practicing yoga, and he should not force himself To endure pain; To avoid injuries, he must also be careful when moving from one position to another. Where the transitional phase from one situation to another is more likely to occur.
- Determining the appropriate type of yoga: One has to choose the appropriate yoga class for him and his needs, and he can view this through the Internet or seek help from a professional, and he must choose the type of yoga that he can practice with the least amount of resistance.
- Complete relaxation after practicing yoga: as the nervous system needs rest and relaxation; To absorb the benefits he gained from practicing yoga.
- Regular practice of yoga: Doing yoga once a week is very beneficial, while practicing it three times a week is more beneficial, as for practicing yoga daily, it is of the greatest benefit, and it is preferable to practice yoga three times a week and feel proud and satisfied as a result of that, that is better Too much trying to do yoga every day, feeling like a failure if you can’t commit.
- Not to exaggerate and stress: in the practice of yoga, one did not enjoy during the practice of sport yoga will not be able to continue, and if one wants to become a yoga routine things in his life, he should choose the type of appropriate yoga carefully, as it can choose yoga teacher very carefully as well.