What is a headache?
- Headache is a health problem that most people, both adults, and children, are exposed to, and all people are prone to suffering from headaches and headaches, and headaches are considered suffering that often pushes the injured to go to consult the wise because its impact is strong and regardless of whether the person affected is young or old, children also Liable to suffer from nagging head pain that most of the time requires a sedative to relieve it
- There are many causes for headaches, as there may be reasons related to health problems that the patient suffers from himself or even brain problems, and malnutrition may be a factor in headaches and sometimes high pressure causes suffering from headaches, and this all causes, of course, an annoying headache that needs immediate treatment that relaxes the sufferer.
- Sometimes the headache is a result of certain psychological pressures, including emotional ones, and at other times the headache is an indication of a migraine, and in all cases, it is the pain coming from the head and it may occur in one part of the head or it may occur on both sides of the head or on one side only.
types of headaches
There are many types of headaches, as follows:
Primary headache Primary
headache is a disease in itself that affects the blood vessels, nerves of the head, and muscles, in addition to the feeling of pain in the neck, and the cause of these aches is hyperactivity and problems in the head.
is one of the most common types of people. Where it begins with the patient slowly and then increases little by little during the day and this pain causes a feeling in its owner that a strand is tied around his head and the pain is concentrated on both sides of the head and then begins to spread to the neck. Tension headache is often considered a chronic headache that accompanies the patient, and sometimes it is episodic and not permanent. It can last for several hours or even several days, but the chronic headache is longer, reaching about fifteen days, and often up to three months.
headaches are also considered more prevalent and common, and the duration of their pain ranges from hours to two days, and the maximum is three days and has a significant impact on the life of the patient. Migraine causes pain on only one side of the head, and sometimes this pain is accompanied by the inability to see clearly, and a feeling of nausea may also occur.
Cluster headache: Cluster
headache occurs suddenly, and the period of persistence ranges between a quarter of an hour and three hours, and it may occur more than once per day, and the period of time for it extends up to months or weeks. The symptoms of cluster headaches may disappear for a long time and then return as before. The pain in cluster headaches is often localized in one area of the head, but it is very strong and gives a feeling of burning and may also be localized in one eye.
The contributing factors to secondary headaches are alcohol, brain tumor, strokes, ice cream headache, toothpick at night, dehydration, panic attacks, influenza, and excessive use of painkillers. Secondary headaches are symptoms caused by sensitive nerves that lead to pain in the head. Often the factors we mentioned contribute to the feeling of this headache
headache is malnutrition, as the diet that a person constantly eats contributes to his injury with this type of headache. What is meant by diet is to obtain the necessary amount for the body of mineral salts, vitamins, and minerals that benefit the health of a person now, and if a deficiency occurs in them leads to This type of headache is like iron deficiency, which often results in anemic headache, which means anemia.
The sufferer of this type of headache is exposed to successive attacks of pain in the head when the meal period that he used to eat during the day comes, and this causes muscle tension accompanied by low blood sugar. This headache also occurs when the increase in usual rate of sleep in addition to no Eat meals during the day as well as every day. The treatment of this type of headache is considered easy as it is limited to eating meals regularly and not skipping or ignore these meals as it contains an integrated diet for the body that makes it perform its usual functions comfortably without any cramping.
Migraine with aura
: This headache is focused on one side of the head and maybe preceded by eye disorders, tingling, or even difficulty in speech.
Sinus headache Sinus
headache contains constant pain and aches in the cheekbones, and sometimes the pain is localized in the forehead or nose. A sinus headache occurs when inflammation or sensitivity occurs in the sinuses, which leads to the accumulation of mucus as a result of the infections that occur in them, and this leads to headaches and the patient feels pain when moving his head suddenly.
Causes of headache
Headaches occur for several other reasons, which can be summarized as follows:
- Problems with blood pressure when it drops significantly, which leads to strong headaches
- Sometimes there are eye problems such as eye pressure or glaucoma
- High blood sugar leads to headaches
- Kidney disease causes headaches
- Depression, stress, and anxiety are among the things that lead to headaches
There are cases in which a person must undergo the necessary tests and medical analyzes in order to find out the true cause of the headache:
- A blood test to ensure that there is no anemia and anemia that causes headaches.
- Eye examination to ensure the safety of vision and safety of intraocular pressure.
- An x-ray of the brain to ensure the integrity of the brain, as the frequency of headaches is often an indication of a problem in the brain.
- Consult a health doctor to ensure that blood pressure and diabetes are safe and that they are within the normal range.
- Consult a nose and throat doctor to ensure the integrity of the sinuses.
- Eating a full, varied diet with its minerals and vitamins, maintaining regular meals at the allotted time, and meals containing healthy foods.
- Reducing caffeine, as a headache sufferer often takes caffeine-containing painkillers that treat headaches. Therefore, drinking caffeine through tea or coffee may contribute to an increase in headaches, so it is best to avoid caffeine or even eliminate it from your daily diet.
- Sleep is rest, and care must be taken to take an ample amount of healthy sleep, which is known as an average of 7-8 hours per day, and to ensure that the time for sleeping is the night, not the day.
- Exercise contributes to the regularity of physical activity and helps by breathing fresh air to obtain physical and mental integrity and makes the body less tired, more active, and energetic.
- Avoid exposure to the lights emitted by the computer and mobile device, as these screens emit irritating radiation to the eyes and the head in general and lead to headaches, or try to install protection from these radiations for both the mobile and the computer.
- The light entering from the window, especially strong and bright light, can cause migraine headaches, so these cases should be avoided by using curtains to reduce the intensity of these lights.
- Magnesium is one of the daily necessary minerals for the human body, as it forms an integral part of the integrated and necessary diet that serves the various functions of the body. It is advised to take a moderate amount of it, which is within the limits of 600 mg, through pills or even through effervescent, as it is a treatment that relieves the severity of headaches.
- Reducing as much as possible the caffeine that leads to a headache in conjunction with taking analgesics, so in minor cases, caffeine can be taken without painkillers, so it is a kind of mild treatment for head pain.
- When feeling a headache, the best treatment that can be obtained is to relax and rest and remove the tension as much as possible from the patient and even massage the head gently, especially in the areas where there is a lot of cramping and pain.
- Massaging the neck and doing yoga also helps relieve headaches, as the relaxation that occurs works to relieve the spasm.