We hear a lot about the benefits and different uses of cinnamon, so does it have anything to do with weight? Does cinnamon increase weight? Details are in this article.
Cinnamon is a very popular spice in the world due to its distinct flavor and many benefits, but does cinnamon increase weight? The answer in this article:
Does cinnamon increase weight?
The answer to this question is no, but cinnamon helps in losing weight, as it contributes to the following:
- The effect of cinnamon on blood sugar levels contributes to weight loss, as it reduces blood glucose levels.
- Cinnamon contains a good amount of fiber, which helps you feel full and full quickly.
- Cinnamon reduces the harms of eating high-fat foods, as it reduces triglycerides and harmful cholesterol, which ultimately contributes to weight loss.
- Cinnamon promotes and maintains the health of the body due to its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, which leads to healthy food processing and contributes to weight loss.
It is important to note that cinnamon alone does not work to lose weight, but rather by following a healthy diet, exercising, and all that is necessary to lose weight.
Warnings about cinnamon
Usually eating cinnamon does not affect your health, but excessive use may lead to some side effects, including:
Allergy and irritation
Eating cinnamon may cause irritation of the mouth and lips, the occurrence of some ulcers, redness, and pigmentation of the skin.
Interaction with some medications
Cinnamon may interact with some medications, and therefore it is best to consult a doctor before taking it, especially with antibiotic medications, blood thinners, heart medications, and diabetes.
Low blood sugar
If a person has diabetes and takes cinnamon or its supplements, it is best to consult a doctor because of its effect on reducing blood glucose levels.
Eating and consuming cinnamon can be quite toxic, especially if a person has liver problems.
Other herbs that increase weight
We have answered the question of whether cinnamon increases weight, and we showed that it does not gain weight but rather contributes to reducing it, and there are a group of herbs that help in increasing weight and opening the appetite.
Among the most prominent of these herbs are the following:
- Chamomile: Contributes to opening the appetite effectively, leading to weight increase.
- Dandelion: This is an appetite-stimulating herbal supplement for weight increase, especially for women.
- Ginger: It is an effective remedy for poor appetite and helps you enjoy meals better.
- Gentian herb: Its roots are used to gain weight and open the appetite for those who are unwanted underweight.