What is apple cider vinegar? How is it produced?
Apple cider vinegar is produced from the fermentation of apple juice. It was used in the past for multiple purposes such as cooking and for medicinal purposes because it contains many beneficial benefits to the body.
Apple cider vinegar production process Apple cider vinegar is
extracted as a result of fermentation of apple juice by adding yeast that converts the sugar in apple juice into alcohol. This process is called fermentation or fermentation, where bacteria convert alcohol into acetic acid, which is responsible for the distinctive strong smell of apple cider vinegar and gives it a sour taste The vinegar is then stored in air-tight glass or plastic containers.
What are the important elements in apple cider vinegar?
The percentages of protein and fat are low in apple cider vinegar. It also contains a low percentage of carbohydrates and a low percentage of vitamin A. It also contains a percentage of minerals and important acids, such as acetic acid.
What forms can apple cider vinegar come in?
- Filtered vinegar has a distinctive light brown color and is clear.
- Unrefined vinegar is darker in color and has dark impurities deposited at the bottom of the bottle.
- Apple cider vinegar can be found in tablet form as a dietary supplement.
What are the types of apple cider vinegar? Learn about 4 of its types
Organic apple cider vinegar,
which indicates that it is free of industrial materials and any genetically modified substances that cause harm to the body when used, so it is considered the most beneficial type for health.
Raw apple cider
vinegar is vinegar that has not been subjected to heating or any of the various processing methods, which means that it is rich in the beneficial properties of apples and retains many of the nutrients found in apples such as enzymes, proteins, and useful minerals, including iron.
Filtered apple cider vinegar
is light brown in color.
Unfiltered apple cider vinegar
has a lot of benefits and we notice some sedimentation.
What are the benefits of apple cider vinegar? Learn about 20 uses for it that benefit human health, including healthy slimming
- Killer of bacteria, where apple cider vinegar works to eliminate many diseases caused by bacteria, so apple cider vinegar has been used since ancient times in sterilization and cleaning wounds.
- It can eliminate fungi, so it is used in the treatment of nail fungus.
- It helps to get rid of pimples and warts that appear on the skin.
- It is used to treat infections of the outer ear.
- It helps reduce acne when used on the skin and treats old grains and prevents the emergence of new ones because it resists the bacteria that cause acne.
- Helps reduce blood sugar by eating a small spoonful of a glass of water after eating, because high blood sugar is a chronic disease that many people suffer from, and it also causes other diseases and complications in cases where blood sugar levels are not controlled. Using apple cider vinegar can improve the response to insulin secreted by a gland of the pancreas.
- Apple cider vinegar helps treat throat infections because it helps kill bacteria if it is taken when you start feeling sore throat by placing two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar on half a cup of warm water and gargling with this mixture throughout the day.
- It is used to treat the effects of sunburn by placing two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with half a cup of water and placing it with a cotton ball on the places where the effects of sunburn appear.
- It is used in the treatment of dandruff because it eliminates the fungi present in the scalp by placing two tablespoons of vinegar on a glass of water, washing the hair with it and leaving it for half an hour, then rinsing the hair with lukewarm water and it can be repeated until the dandruff is gone.
- Apple cider vinegar is used to treat joint pain by drinking a glass of water with a spoonful of vinegar after meals, and it can also be used as an ointment on the affected joint to reduce pain.
Read also: What are the stages of weight loss?
- It is used in cases of varicose veins, which is an expansion in the veins of the legs as a result of a weakness in the wall of the veins and this is called “varicose”. It has been shown using apple cider vinegar by massaging the swollen veins with a little concentrated apple cider vinegar on a regular basis for a month, which leads to the atrophy of these affected veins gradually. After follow-up and consult a specialist.
- It helps reduce harmful cholesterol, which is LDL-cholesterol, and therefore it can help lower blood pressure by taking a glass of water with a small spoonful of apple cider vinegar dissolved.
- Helps relieve the pain of insect bites by rubbing the affected area with a lotion consisting of three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar dissolved in a quarter cup of water from the boiling extract of thyme, an aromatic herb, and then placed on the bite site several times until the pain is gone.
- Helps cleanse the urinary tract and get rid of small stones or deposits in the bladder by drinking a glass of water with a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar with meals.
- It helps to strengthen the nails when mixed with olive oil in an equal proportion and paint the nails and the surrounding area, which helps to treat nail fungus.
- It can be used as a bleach for the skin of the hands by mixing 3 tablespoons of rose water – 2 tablespoons of glycerin – 1 tablespoon of lemon juice – 1 tablespoon of apple vinegar. Mix these ingredients well and keep them in a bottle and shake well before use. After washing hands, this compound is rubbed with this compound. It makes the skin of the hands soft and whitens.
Read also: How to Safely Weight Loss 10kg in a Week
Apple cider vinegar for weight loss
It helps to lose weight by dissolving grease and feeling full, which weakens appetite and reduces food intake by using two tablespoons of concentrated apple cider vinegar with a glass of water and drinking it after each meal.
Benefits of apple cider vinegar for the digestive system:
- Apple cider vinegar helps with digestion.
- Apple cider vinegar helps in the absorption of important nutrients from the intestines.
- Vinegar is also added to the salads, one or two tablespoons, which improves the immunity of the digestive system and enhances its functions.
Other uses for apple cider vinegar.. 4 uses during food preparation and for hair and body care
- It is used in food such as various salads and is used in seasoning chicken and meat, which gives a beautiful flavor to it.
- It is used in food preservation and in the manufacture of various pickles such as olives, cucumbers, lemons, and others.
- It can be used as a natural deodorant by placing it in a little water and applying it to the area under the arms. It may help to get rid of sweat odors, due to the elimination of bacteria that cause those odors.
- It can be used for hair, where the hair is rinsed with diluted vinegar, which gives it shine and a good smell.
What are the side effects of the frequent use of apple cider vinegar.. 8 effects to beware of
- Excessive consumption of apple cider vinegar may lead to some harmful side effects that may cause health problems.
- Delayed gastric emptying may lead to indigestion.
- It can cause ulcers in the stomach and intestines if taken in concentrated form and in large quantities.
- It lowers potassium in the blood, which affects heart health and can have an impact on bone health.
- It can cause the erosion of the enamel of the teeth, causing the weakening of the teeth and cavities, due to the acetic acid present in the apple cider vinegar.
- A burning sensation in the esophagus and throat may occur if it is taken in a concentrated form.
- It can cause sensitivity and burning of the skin when used as a paint directly on the skin and sensitive skin, so it is preferable to dilute it with water before use.
- It can have an effect with patients who take potassium-reducing drugs, causing a decrease in its proportion from the required normal range, and it can also occur in diabetics who take insulin or insulin stimulants, it may lead to lowering blood sugar from the required level, so it should be noted until It does not cause health damage.
Therefore, a doctor should be consulted on the appropriate way to take apple cider vinegar for patients with chronic diseases so that their condition does not worsen